Terms & Conditions
Collects e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via-email.
Acceptance of Terms of Services
As a precondition and requirement to use the services available via webtechgen.com, you, for yourself and for the company or other person(s), if any, you represent ("Subscriber" or "Subscribers", as applicable), hereby accept and agree to be legally bound by these Terms of Service ("Terms"). These Terms are effective immediately between the Subscriber and webtechgen, Inc. dba webtechgen.com, its subsidiaries and affiliates ("webtechgen"). Each Subscriber is subject to these Terms, and by using webtechgen services, network and/or systems (collectively the "Services"), Subscriber agrees to be legally bound by and subject to all terms and conditions contained in these Terms, including as well all usage policies and other policies herein. To the extent not inconsistent therewith, these Terms are also incorporated into the individual service agreement, if any, of each Subscriber.
Subscriber represents and warrants that, if an individual, Subscriber is at least 18 years old and otherwise legally competent in all respects to, or, if an entity, Subscriber is a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, or other legal entity duly formed and in good standing, as applicable, and possesses all legal authority and power to accept and be bound by these Terms. Additionally, Subscriber represents and warrants that neither it, she, or he (as applicable), nor any entity it, she or he represents, is prohibited under any part of section 17 of these Terms from registering or signing up with or otherwise subscribing to or receiving any of the Services from webtechgen. Further, Subscriber represents and warrants all information provided by Subscriber to webtechgen has been and is complete, accurate, and current, and that Subscriber shall continue to provide complete, accurate and current information to webtechgen in connection with all registration or renewal processes and further agrees to update all such information as necessary to maintain complete, accurate and current information. Although subscribers of paid services offered through webtechgen must be at least 18 years of age and otherwise legally competent to accept and be legally bound by these Term, a parent or legal guardian of a minor may obtain an account on the minor's behalf, and by doing so, consents to such minor's use of the Services. Subscribing parents and legal guardians each for herself or himself, as applicable, accept and agree to be legally bound by these Terms, and assume full responsibility and liability associated with any failure of compliance with the Terms in connection with said minor's use of any of the Services.
webtechgen intends to provide the best possible web hosting service to each of its Subscribers. webtechgen is also dedicated to staying abreast of new and available technologies that will better serve our Subscribers. However, due to changing technologies, changing laws and the individual and collective needs of our Subscribers, webtechgen reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove all or any part of these Terms at any time with or without notice.
Subscribers may view the most current version of these Terms at www.webtechgen.com/cgi/terms. Any use of the Services by Subscriber, after changes, modifications, additions or deletions to these Terms are posted on the webtechgen.com website, shall constitute Subscriber's acceptance of all such changes, additions, modifications or deletions. If a Subscriber does not agree to any such alterations to these Terms, the Subscriber's sole and exclusive remedy is to cancel the Subscriber's account as set forth in Paragraph 3 below.
Notwithstanding webtechgen right to alter these Terms without prior notice, webtechgen may, within its sole discretion and as a courtesy to all affected Subscribers, make an effort to provide Subscribers with 7 days advanced notice of any alteration of these Terms if it appears to webtechgen, in its sole discretion, that said alteration may materially and adversely impact said Subscriber's use of the Services.
If Subscriber is registering a new domain name with webtechgen, or using or transferring a previously registered domain name in conjunction with Subscriber's use of the Services, Subscriber hereby acknowledges and agrees that Subscriber's use of the domain name is also subject to the policies of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN") and the Domain Registration Agreement located at http://webtechgen.com/term.php and has read the Registrant Rights and Responsibilities located at http://www.webtechgen.com
Term - Payment - Renewal of account and of domain
Term of Service. The term of Subscriber's subscription to the Services commences upon Subscriber's acceptance of these Terms and terminates as set forth in Paragraphs 2.05 and 3.01.
Payment. Subscriber agrees to pay all applicable fees for Services in effect at the time of sign-up registration and/or renewal, subject to these Terms. Subscriber agrees to update and keep current all of Subscriber's billing information, email and all other contact information. It is the Subscriber's responsibility to verify that the information submitted is accurate to insure proper billing and continuity of services. webtechgen may use Merchant Updater Services to receive updated billing information from participating providers.
Automatic Renewal of Hosting Account. As a courtesy and not as an obligation (contractual or otherwise), fifteen (15) days prior to the expiration of Subscriber's Hosting Account or Domain(s) webtechgen will automatically renew Subscriber's Hosting Account by charging the applicable fee for the non-promotional rate to Subscriber's current method of payment on file. The initial term of this Agreement shall be as set forth in the Registration Form (the "Initial Term"). The Initial Term shall begin upon commencement of the Services to User, and after the Initial Term, this Agreement shall continue for successive periods (or renewal period) of equal length as the Initial Term or such other Term and price that shall be set forth in a notice to the customer at least 24 hours prior to the commencement of such successive period or renewal period. In the case of insufficient funds we will attempt to collect at a partial term quantity ( not changing your current term) to continue service as per contract. Additionally after the initial Term, you acknowledge, agree and authorize us to automatically bill and/or charge on your credit card for successive or renewal periods, unless terminated or cancelled by either party as provided in this section. The Initial Term and all successive renewal periods shall be referred to, collectively, as the "Term". Subscriber acknowledges and confirms that if the Subscriber pays for a hosting plan which qualifies for a Free Domain that the Subscriber will be provided with a digital domain registration voucher to be used for purchasing their Free Domain. The domain registration voucher is only applicable as long as the Subscriber maintains a qualifying hosting plan.
Automatic Renewal of Domain(s). As a courtesy and not as an obligation (contractual or otherwise), fifteen (15) days prior to the expiration of Subscriber's domain, if registered with webtechgen (or one of its Affiliates), or if transferred to and registered with webtechgen (or one of its Affiliates), webtechgen will automatically renew Subscriber's domain, by charging the applicable fee to Subscriber's current method of payment on file. Subscriber acknowledges and confirms that the obligation to renew his/her/its Domain(s) is solely and exclusively the responsibility of the Subscriber, and is not the obligation (contractual or otherwise) of webtechgen. Subscriber hereby releases webtechgen from any and all liability for failure for any reason to renew said Account or said Domain(s). Subscriber acknowledges that there may be many reasons why webtechgen is unable to renew said Account or Domain, including but not limited to inability of webtechgen, for any reason, to bill said renewal to Subscriber's method of payment on file, to contact or otherwise get response from Subscriber at the email address on file, or otherwise. Subscriber acknowledges that said Hosting Account and/or Domain, if not renewed, for whatever reason, will expire on the Account or Domain Expiration Date, as applicable. In the event that a Domain expires, webtechgen will hold the expired Domain for up to 30 days as a courtesy and not as an obligation (contractual or otherwise). 30 days after expiration, the Domain will be placed in Redemption. During the Redemption period the Domain will be inaccessible and unable to be registered elsewhere. In order to bring a Domain out of Redemption, Subscriber must pay a Redemption Fee, as well as a Renewal Fee for the current year. Domain registration vouchers cannot be applied toward the cost of Redemption. If the Domain is not redeemed within 74 days of expiration, it will be set to Pending Delete status by the domain registry. After the Pending Delete status expires, the Domain will be released for registration. During the Pending Delete period, the Domain will be inaccessible and unrecoverable.
VPS and Dedicated Hosting Account Renewal. As a courtesy and not as an obligation (contractual or otherwise), webtechgen will automatically renew Subscriber's VPS or Dedicated Hosting Account by charging the applicable fee for the non-promotional rate to Subscriber's current method of payment on file. For VPS or Dedicated Hosting Accounts with a Term of 3 months or greater, this renewal will occur fifteen (15) days prior to the expiration of Subscriber's Hosting Account. For Hosting Accounts with a Term of 1 month, this renewal will occur 24 hours prior to the expiration of Subscriber's Hosting Account. In the event that a VPS or Dedicated Hosting Account that has been set to manual renewal by Subscriber expires, the Account will be suspended seven (7) days after expiration if no payment is received. If the Account has not been renewed after fourteen (14) days have elapsed following expiration, the system will be decommissioned and put back into the provisioning queue for another user.
Cancellation of Automatic Renewal of Account or Domain. Subscriber agrees to notify webtechgen of Subscriber's intent to cancel automatic renewal at least sixteen (16) business days prior to the account or domain expiration date, by directing Automatic Account Renewal Cancellation Notification and/or Automatic Domain Renewal Cancellation Notification to webtechgen, as applicable, by sending same via email to email@example.com, phone (888) 755-7585, or online chat. This request must include verification of ownership of the hosting account and/or domain(s), as determined by webtechgen.
Authority. In the event Subscriber is a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, joint venture, other business entity or group of individuals, the person registering for or renewing webtechgen Services on behalf of Subscriber hereby certifies that he/she has the authority to and does hereby bind the corporation, limited liability company, partnership, joint venture or other individuals in this manner and in connection with Subscriber's acceptance of all other Terms set forth herein.
Cancellation of services - Refund Policy
Cancellations and Refunds. webtechgen provides a 30-day money back guarantee for new hosting account registrations, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Nonrefundable Fees: Fees paid by Subscriber in connection with the purchase of SSL certificates, Site Backup Pro, Pay Per Click Marketing (PPC), cPanel Tutor Session, Wordpress Tutor Session, Design Service Standard, Design Service Plus, Design Service Premium, SEO Package, SiteLock, domain privacy, domain names are nonrefundable, as are Check Refunds of $10.00 or less due to processing fees.
- Cancellations within First 3 Days of Registration: In the event Subscriber cancels the Services within 3 calendar days of registration, Subscriber will receive a full refund of all fees paid in connection with the registration upon request, with the exception of any Nonrefundable Fees set forth in Paragraph 3.01(A). Subscriber has the option, but not the obligation, to retain ownership and control of any promotional "Free Domain Names" registered in connection with the subscription, in which case Subscriber's refund will be reduced by per domain name.
- Cancellations After 3 Days and Before 30 Days: In the event Subscriber cancels the Services after the expiration of 3 calendar days, but prior to the expiration of 30 calendar days, Subscriber will receive a refund of all fees paid in connection with the registration, with the exception of any Nonrefundable Fees set forth in Paragraph 3.01(A), subject to the following additional mandatory reductions:
- Free Domain Names: If Subscriber registers any domain name as part of a "Free Domain Name" promotion in connection with the registration, Subscriber's refund will be reduced by per domain name. Subscriber will retain full ownership and control of any such domain names.
- Postini/DedIP: Any fees paid by Subscriber in connection with Postini or for services of a Dedicated IP will be refunded at a prorated rate based on the registration date, the length of service, and the date of cancellation. * Cancellations After 30 Days. Subscriber may cancel his/her/its Services at any time, before or after automatic account renewal, and, with the exception of any Nonrefundable Fees set forth in Paragraph 3.01(A) and setup fees, if any, which are nonrefundable after 30 calendar days, receive a pro-rated refund for all other fees paid for Services, less per "Free Domain Name."
Notice of Cancellation. Subscriber agrees to direct all cancellation requests to webtechgen via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone (888) 755-7585, or online chat. The cancellation request must include verification of ownership of the hosting account and/or domain(s), as determined by webtechgen. Subscriber must also confirm to webtechgen that all emails, files, and databases are preserved and backed up somewhere other than webtechgen server space. Once confirmed the cancellation can be processed following the cancellation policy located at: https://webtechgen.com Chargebacks and Reversals. In the event Subscriber issues a chargeback or reversal of charges without first following the above cancellation procedures, the Subscriber will be responsible for a $25.00 billing service fee. Hosting accounts that have an open dispute may be disabled for security purposes.
webtechgen as reseller or licensor
webtechgen is acting only as a reseller or licensor of certain services, hardware, software and equipment used in connection with the products and/or Services that were or are manufactured or provided by a third party ("Non-webtechgen Product"). webtechgen shall not be responsible for any changes in the Services that cause the Non-webtechgen Product to become obsolete, require modification or alteration, or otherwise affect the performance of the Services. Any malfunction or manufacturer's defects of Non-webtechgen Product either sold, licensed or provided by webtechgen to User or purchased directly by User used in connection with the Services will not be deemed a breach of webtechgen obligations under this Agreement. Any rights or remedies User may have regarding the ownership, licensing, performance or compliance of Non-webtechgen Product are limited to those rights extended to User by the manufacturer of such Non-webtechgen Product. User is entitled to use any Non-webtechgen Product supplied by webtechgen only in connection with User's permitted use of the Services. User shall use its best efforts to protect and keep confidential all intellectual property provided by webtechgen to User through any Non-webtechgen Product and shall make no attempt to copy, alter, reverse engineer, or tamper with such intellectual property or to use it other than in connection with the Services. User shall not resell, transfer, export or re-export any Non-webtechgen Product, or any technical data derived therefrom, in violation of any applicable United States or foreign law.
These Terms do not give Subscriber any rights in webtechgen intellectual property or technology. webtechgen and related trademarks and logos are the exclusive property of webtechgen. webtechgen and Subscriber agree that neither will, directly or indirectly, reverse engineer or decompile object code or execution code, nor otherwise seek to obtain source code or trade secrets of the other party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing herein shall bar webtechgen from using any knowledge, information or skills that are generally known or that can be learned or otherwise acquired in the normal course of business.
Security and Ownership
Site Security and Updates. webtechgen uses sophisticated means of security in connection with the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is exclusively Subscriber's obligation to maintain and control passwords to Subscriber's web site(s), and Subscriber exclusively is responsible for all activities that occur in connection with Subscriber's user name, password, and registered domain name(s), as well as any and all scripts or programs added to the account by the Subscriber or authorized users. Subscriber agrees to immediately notify webtechgen of any unauthorized uses of the Service or any other breaches of security. It is exclusively Subscriber's responsibility to update and secure any programs or scripts available via the cPanel interface. Subscriber's failure to update and secure any programs or scripts available via the cPanel interface may result in webtechgen either updating the programs and scripts or suspending your account services until they are updated. webtechgen will not be liable for any loss or damages of any kind, under any legal theory, caused by Subscriber's failure to comply with any of the foregoing security obligations or caused by any person to whom Subscriber grants access to Subscriber's Services, or due to any updates performed by webtechgen pursuant to the terms of this section.
Dedicated Hosting Password Policy. webtechgen reserves the right to reset the password on a dedicated server if the password on file is not current so that we may do security audits as required by our datacenter. It is the responsibility of the Subscriber to ensure that there is a valid email address and current root password for the Subscriber's dedicated server on file to prevent downtime from forced password resets. webtechgen reserves the right to audit servers and perform administrative actions as needed. It is required that you use a secure password. If a weak password is used, your account may be suspended until you agree to use a more secure password. Audits may be done to prevent weak passwords from being used. If an audit is performed and your password is found to be weak, we will notify you to change/update your password.
Access and Control Policy. When a new account or domain, as applicable, is registered with or transferred to webtechgen or with one of its affiliates, the process requires and results in the creation of the following within the records of webtechgen, in association with said new account or domain: i) Name of person registering; ii) email address; iii) user name; iv) password; and, v) associated payment information, such as Visa, Mastercard, etc., Credit Card Number & name thereon, etc.
- If a person contacts webtechgen and claims that he or she is entitled to access to an account, website, or domain registered with webtechgen or its affiliate but is without access (for any reason such as but not limited to forgotten password or forgotten user name, data loss or corruption on personal computer, improperly locked out, and so forth), webtechgen will give access to the person who acceptably evidences he or she has substantially all of: i) name of the person who originally registered; ii) email address of the person who originally registered; iii) the user name of the person who originally registered, if possible; iv) the associated payment information of the person who registered, such as Visa, Mastercard, etc., Credit Card Number & name thereon, etc. (mandatory); and, v) a photo identification evidencing she or he is the rightful possessor and user of said credit card or payment medium (mandatory). Otherwise, webtechgen will not give access and control to a claimant unless webtechgen is served with a valid order of a court, agency, or appropriate Internet controlling entity such as Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN"), requiring webtechgen to give such access and control to said claimant or unless there is submitted to webtechgen at email@example.com a written statement duly signed by the person who originally registered said account which statement is duly notarized, and in which said originally registering person confirms that said claimant is entitled to access and control of the account, together with a written notarized statement duly signed by claimant which confirms claimant is entitled to access and control of said account, website and/or domain and has read and agreed to these Terms of Service. Subscriber acknowledges and accepts that the foregoing access and control policies and procedures are the only way that notice(s) can be given and changes can be effected regarding said access and/or control; and, further, that any other changes made directly by Subscriber or by others within the online records of webtechgen or of its affiliates shall not be deemed effective to give notice to webtechgen or its affiliates of any changes in said access or control.
- Subscriber acknowledges and accepts said access and control policy and procedure, agrees not to bring any claim in the form of a lawsuit or otherwise against webtechgen arising out of its following said policy and procedure, agrees immediately to dismiss any claim so brought, and hereby releases webtechgen from all liability and all claims for damages or any other liability whatsoever that may arise out of webtechgen following said policy and procedure.
License to webtechgen. webtechgen claims no ownership interest in the content of Subscriber's web site(s). By submitting content and data to webtechgen, Subscriber grants to webtechgen, its successors and assigns, the worldwide, royalty-free, and nonexclusive license under Subscriber's copyrights and other rights, if any, in all material and content displayed in Subscriber's web site to use, distribute, display, reproduce, and create derivative works from such material in any and all media, in order to maintain such content on webtechgen servers during the term of these Terms. Subscriber also authorizes the downloading and printing of such material, or any portion thereof, by end-users for their personal use. This license shall terminate upon Subscriber's cancellation of the Services as set forth in Paragraphs 2.01 and 3.0.
Transfer of Ownership. webtechgen is not responsible to determine ownership of websites hosted by, accounts opened with, or domains registered with webtechgen or its affiliates. By accessing webtechgen system, registering, or using any of the services provided by webtechgen, the Subscriber, or any other person so accessing, registering or using, hereby represents and warrants that the information provided in connection with said registration, including as well information concerning ownership of websites, domains, and accounts, is true, accurate, and complete in each material detail. Any disputes arising regarding the ownership of any account, website, or domain hosted by, opened with, or registered with webtechgen or any of its affiliates are subject to the terms and conditions of Section 5.5 of these Terms.
- webtechgen will recognize a change of ownership of account(s) with, of websites hosted by, and/or of domains registered with webtechgen or its affiliates only in the event that at least one of the following occur: i) there is received by the Compliance Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) a written statement (in a form acceptable to webtechgen or applicable affiliate) containing the notarized signature of the original owner of the account, website, and/or domain, as applicable, confirming that ownership of the website, domain, and/or account, as applicable, has been transferred to a person (claimant) claiming to own said website, domain and/or account, as applicable, along with a written statement containing the notarized signature of the claimant confirming that she or he has acquired said ownership, has read and agrees to be bound by these Terms of Service; or, ii) webtechgen is served with a valid order of a court, agency, or appropriate internet controlling entity such as Internt Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN"), requiring webtechgen (or affiliate) to transfer such ownership to said claimant.
- Subscriber acknowledges and accepts that the foregoing policies and procedures regarding transfer of ownership are the only way that notice(s) can be given and changes can be effected regarding said transfer of ownership within webtechgen; and, further, that any other changes made directly by Subscriber or by others within the online records of webtechgen or of its affiliates shall not be deemed effective to give notice to webtechgen or its affiliates of any changes in said ownership.
Disputing Site or Account Ownership Disputes sometimes arise between or among multiple persons claiming ownership of or rights in a site hosted by webtechgen or in an associated webtechgen account. webtechgen is not obligated to resolve any such disputes. If multiple persons are claiming ownership of or rights in a site hosted by webtechgen or in an associated webtechgen account, and, in webtechgen sole judgment, there is not certainty as to the ownership of or rights in said site or account, then webtechgen will, to the extent of its knowledge and ability, notify said persons of the dispute and demand that said persons promptly, conclusively, and finally resolve the dispute in a manner which makes clear who the owner(s) and/or interest holder(s) is/are and in a manner which relieves webtechgen of all liability or obligations concerning the dispute. If the disputing persons fail so to resolve the dispute within what webtechgen, in its sole judgment, deems to be a reasonable time, then webtechgen, at its option and without any obligation to do so, may, in accordance with and subject to the laws of the State of Utah, file an interpleader action in a court of competent jurisdiction within the State of Utah for the purpose of allowing the contending persons to resolve said dispute and to reach certainty regarding ownership of or rights in said site and/or account. The person or persons conclusively and finally determined by the interpleader action to be the rightful owner(s) or interest holder(s) of said site and/or associated account shall be obligated to reimburse webtechgen for all of its expenses relative to said interpleader action including without limit all its court costs and reasonable attorney fees. All amounts owed to webtechgen under this section 5.03 shall be deemed due and payable immediately upon thirty (30) days after judgment or settlement is reached.
Commitment. The webtechgen commitment to our Subscribers' privacy is set forth in this section. Except as required by law or as otherwise provided herein, webtechgen will take commercially reasonable steps to ensure your right to privacy. webtechgen is committed to developing long lasting relationships that are built on trust and will never intentionally violate that trust.
Encryption. When Subscriber orders from webtechgen, Personal Data Transmissions are encrypted. When Subscriber orders from webtechgen, all of Subscriber's personal information is protected. webtechgen uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), the industry standard, for encrypting all personal information, including name, address and credit card numbers.
Confidentiality. With the exception of trusted business affiliates and/or associates who work on behalf of or in connection with webtechgen, subject to specific confidentiality agreements, webtechgen will not provide or sell to any third party your personal information and will keep all Subscriber information confidential, subject to the following:
- Upon registration, certain Subscriber information is transferred to WHOIS (domain registration information), to our affiliated third-party registrar, FastDomain, to Postini (email addresses), and to Comodo (SSL cert. creation).
- webtechgen will respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, and will utilize Subscriber information as necessary to establish or exercise webtechgen legal rights or defend against legal claims. webtechgen will charge the person or entity for submitting a civil subpoena for costs associated with subpoena compliance. Payment must be made within thirty (30) days from the date of receipt of the webtechgen invoice. Checks should be made out to webtechgen. webtechgen subpoena compliance costs are as follows: Research-$150.00/hour; Federal Express-Cost as Billed; Copies-$1.00/page; Compact Discs - $10.00/per CD.
- webtechgen will share information to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations or suspected violations of these Terms, or as otherwise required by law.
- When we are threatened with suit by a third party, or any other legal action brought to our attention involving us based on the anonymity of the domain, we may seek assurance from you the customer concerning your promise to indemnify us and written notice that you have contacted the plaintiff or representative for the complainant and made your contact information available to them. Failure to provide those assurances may be considered by us to be a breach of your Agreement and may result in deactivation of your domain name and forfeit the right to privacy on a domain. A pro-rated refund will be issued to the payment method on file for the remaining unused service.
"Unlimited" usage policies and definitions
"Unlimited" usage policies and definitions apply only to shared and reseller hosting accounts.
What "Unlimited" means. webtechgen does not set an arbitrary limit or cap on the amount of resources a single Subscriber can use. In good faith and subject to these Terms, webtechgen makes every commercially reasonable effort to provide its Subscribers with all the storage and bandwidth resources needed to power their web sites successfully, as long as the Subscriber's use of the service complies with these Terms. By not setting limits on key resources, we are able to provide simple, consistent pricing to our Subscribers as they grow their websites. As a result, a typical website may experience periods of great popularity and resulting increased storage without experiencing any associated increase in hosting charges.
What "Unlimited" DOES NOT mean. webtechgen employs complex mechanisms to protect its Subscribers and systems from abuse. webtechgen offering of "unlimited" services is not intended to allow the actions of a single or few Subscribers to unfairly or adversely impact the experience of other Subscribers.
webtechgen service is a shared hosting service, which means that multiple Subscriber web sites are hosted from the same server and share server resources. webtechgen service is designed to meet the typical needs of small business and home business website Subscribers in the United States. It is NOT intended to support the sustained demand of large enterprises, internationally based businesses, or non-typical applications better suited to a dedicated server.
webtechgen will make every commercially reasonable effort to provide additional resources to Subscribers who are using their website(s) consistent with these Terms, including moving Subscribers to newer and bigger shared servers as necessary. However, in order to ensure a consistent and quality experience for all Subscribers, webtechgen does place automated safeguards to protect against any one site growing too quickly and adversely impacting the system until webtechgen can evaluate said sites resource needs. * Unlimited Hosting Space; excessive MySQL files.webtechgen does not set arbitrary limits on the amount of disk space a Subscriber can use for the Subscriber's website, nor does webtechgen charge additional fees based on an increased amount of storage used, provided the Subscriber's use of storage complies with these Terms. Please note, however, that the webtechgen service is designed to host websites. webtechgen does NOT provide unlimited space for online storage, backups, or archiving of electronic files, documents, log files, etc., and any such prohibited use of the Services will result in the termination of Subscriber's account, with or without notice. Accounts with a large number of files (inode count in excess of 200,000) can have an adverse affect on server performance. Similarly, accounts with an excessive number of MySQL/PostgreSQL tables (i.e., in excess of 1000 database tables) or of database size (i.e., in excess of 3GB total MySQL/PostgreSQL usage or 2GB MySQL/PostgreSQL usage in a single database) negatively affect the performance of the server. webtechgen may request that the number of files/inodes, database tables, or total database usage be reduced to ensure proper performance or may terminate the Subscriber's account, with or without notice.
Unlimited File Transfer. webtechgen does not set arbitrary limits on the amount of visitor traffic a web site can receive or on the amount of content a Subscriber can upload to his/her/its website in a given month, nor does webtechgen charge additional fees based on increased use of bandwidth, as long as the Subscriber's use of the Services complies with these Terms. In most cases, a Subscriber's web site will be able to support as much traffic as the Subscriber can legitimately acquire. However, webtechgen reserves the right to limit processor time, bandwidth, processes, or memory in cases where it is necessary to prevent negatively impacting other Subscribers.
Unlimited Domain Hosting. webtechgen does not set arbitrary limits on the number of domain names a Subscriber can associate with the Subscriber's web hosting account.
VPS and Dedicated Hosting usage policies
Bandwidth Usage. Reseller and Dedicated Hosting accounts are allocated a monthly bandwidth allowance. This allowance varies depending on the hosting package you purchase. Should your account exceed the allocated monthly amount, we reserve the right to (i) suspend the account until the start of the next month's allocation; (ii) suspend the account until more bandwidth is purchased at an additional fee; (iii) suspend the account until you upgrade to a higher level of package; (iv) terminate the account; and/or (v) charge you an additional fee for the overages. Unused bandwidth in one month cannot be carried over to the next month and bandwidth may not be pooled among multiple servers or accounts.
Availability of Support. webtechgen will provide a default Operating System installation on the Dedicated Server hardware that permits super-user server access to our support staff. Subscriber agrees and acknowledges that if Subscriber alters or removes this server access, webtechgen ability to provide technical support to the Subscriber may be severely limited.
Subscriber Super-User Access. Subscriber acknowledges that Subscriber is solely responsible for any changes made with Super-User access and that webtechgen may not be able to reverse any changes and/or recover data lost or damaged through the use of Super-User privileges. webtechgen level of support to those users accessing Super-User privileges will be limited as follows:
- Reinstallation of corrupted modules, such as control panel files, web server files, etc.
- Reinstallation of the baseline OS and core file image at Subscriber's request. Subscriber must acknowledge that they understand that a new image install will cause the complete loss of all data stored on the server.
- Restoration of files from the latest backup at Subscriber's request. This restoration will be a full restore of the backup files; webtechgen does not offer file-by-file restoration services.
- webtechgen will not attempt any configuration or setup of DNS, firewalls, web server, etc.
- webtechgen will attempt basic diagnostics upon Subscriber's request. webtechgen does not offer in-depth manual diagnostics as part of the Service. Subscriber may contact webtechgen Professional Services to inquire about additional support offerings.